fot

Re: Rear seal survey

To: BillB@bnj.com, kaskas@earthlink.net, JElbe@superflow.com,
Subject: Re: Rear seal survey
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:47:50 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/01 3:18:43 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<<  tried to explain to the tech inspectors that a few drops in the paddock
don't translate to
 oil on the track, but they were insistent, so I stuck it on the trailer.
 Had enough anyway (NOT).  >>

After a race ends, I usually have to occasionally and discretely give the car
a little shove while in the impound area, so that too much oil does not
accumulate in one spot.  At Watkins Glen, the impound area is all asphalt,
which makes things a little harder.  When I pulled away, people were later
asking which car left the oil in the impound area.

There is normally some helpful kid around to tell me that smoke is coming out
from under the car.  I tell him that I ran off the road and got slop all over
the hot exhaust pipe.