fot

Re: Memories

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Memories
From: matt matthews <mattspit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:54:10 -0500
Running a bug eye at Bridgehampton during a NASCAR Weekend and needing some
rear end fluid. Petty looked down at us and essentially get lost sporty car
boy but a guy was unloading a purple ford by himself and gave us some of the
special stuff he got from Ford - Fireball Roberts.

Talking to a H modified racer with DKW engine that he said he missed a sift
from 3 to 4th and hit second instead. He figured he hit about 15,000 or so
and vaporized a piston. I didn't believe him till he shoed me the cast iron
exhaust manifold with aluminum coating on the center pipe.

Going from Florida to N.J and back in a weekend to pick up Mark Donahue's
Daimler in a 64 Plymouth Station wagon with a 383 and 4 on the floor. Trying
to sleep in the back with the seat down and rolling around a lot through the
back roads of Georgia. When I asked my buddy how fast he was going he
replied - I don't know the needle is off the dial but the odometer turned
over more than a 100 mi. in the last hour.

Matt Matthews