fot

Re: Memories

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Memories
From: "Timothy F. Murphy" <timmurph@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:54:59 -0600
First drive in a sports car when a buddy lent me his MGA for a day in
about 1960 or so.  Found out what cars were supposed to drive like.

Purchase of TR-4A in 1966 and having the pleasure of almost trouble free
driving it for over 20 years.

Driving back from hiking in Glacier National Park with my daughter in my
new BMW 328is in 1997 at 120-125 MPH all day through Montana and into
North Dakota on Hwy 2.  Passing a County Sheriff going the other way
while going over 100 and him not even giving a second look.  Speed limit
was "reasonable and proper" at that time.  I thought I was.

Four wheel drifting a '52 Chevy in 1962 "commuting" to my Engineering
Co-op job from Oconomowoc to Fond du Lac.  Hard on tires!

Restoring/Building the TR-4 race car with my son.  (Ongoing "memory"!)

Tim Murphy