fot

Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4

To: "Mark Vaden" <markvaden@gmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4
From: "Kramer, Robert" <RKramer@rdoequipment.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 15:48:31 -0500
I have one of the UK versions with a balance bar, I think it came from
Racetorations, maybe TR  Enterprises. It came with a remote resorvoir
for the brakes like a TR3 so I switched out the M/C's for 3/4" Wildwood
with the intregal caps like the CMC. Those cylinders are available for
about $50 each from places like Speedway Motors. I don't know why this
is true, but my virtually identical Girling CMC clouds up the fluid
relatively quickly, but the Wildwoods stay crystal clear.

I had the TR6 set-up on my old car and it worked fine. I think the TR4
bulkhead area where the booster mounts was re-inforced when they went to
the TR25/TR6. I remember some extra flexing I worried about metal
fatigue but never did anything about it.

Bob Kramer
Sales Manager
RDO Equipment Co.
16415 North IH 35