fot

Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4

To: markvaden@gmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:34:30 EDT
In a message dated 11/1/07 2:50:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
markvaden@gmail.com writes:

<< Does anyone have a suggestion on bore sizes to start with. I am running stoc
k TR4 front and rear brakes.>>

When I installed the Revington system several years ago when a dual system
was required, two standard TR-3/4 brake master cylinders were furnished, along
with a TR-4 clutch master cylinder (with the reservoir).  Revington's
instructions at that time said that no smaller bore master cylinders were made.
  Now I
have heard that Tilton and others may make the smaller bore brake master
cylinders.

I was surprised the first time out on the track with this system.  I had to
push the brake peddle a lot harder to get the same effect.  It didn't take long
to get use to this requirement, and in my opinion the system works very well.
 Don't accidentally take out that little balance valve for the front disc
brakes.