fot

Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4

To: "Mark Vaden" <markvaden@gmail.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:52:16 -0400
I did the same thing Joe did, but with my GT6.  You either need to be adept
with a welder or know someone who is to modify the brake pedal and weld in
the bias bar tube, and to build a new "box" to support the master cylinders.
For the latter, I mocked something up out of posterboard, took it to a guy
with a sheet metal brake and shear and he cut and bent the pieces to match
my posterboard.  I then pop riveted those together and had someone else weld
it up.  Looks a lot like what came from the factory under the hood of your
TR4, but a little beefier (18 gauge ?) and holds three masters - one for the
clutch and two for the brakes.