fot

Re: [Fot] The garage mahal

To: "Norlin Engineering" <norlinengineering@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] The garage mahal
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:12:13 -0700
I occasionally refer to my wife as "She Who Must Be Obeyed" as well.
Good to find another Rumpole fan.

I'm not making any incriminating admissions about the Maui wowie
(which we refer to locally as Pakalolo. or just Buds, braddah). But
the lift or no lift question is mostly one of how you use your shop. I
tend to work on several cars for a while, so having one on a lift
means an immobile car in the way. Instead I built three rolling stands
that hold the cars two feet in the air very securely and can be rolled
around anywhere in the shop. I can get under them easily if necessary
and I can work on everything at a comfortable height. I can also push
three cars sideways off to a corner for cleanup or doing a large
project.

works for me. the lift was just in the way. I bought my lift (a very
nice two post with all the toys) from a guy who installed it and found
it to be a hassle. i sold it to a guy who installed it and found it a
hassle. He sold it on. Might be still out there, going from garage to
garage.

You can see the stands, and the lack of a lift, and the fact that my
shop needs a good cleaning at http://www.allaluminumtour.com/

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com