fot

Re: [Fot] The garage mahal

To: mark@bradakis.com, fot@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] The garage mahal
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:50:23 EDT
In a message dated 04/01/2008 9:38:02 PM Central Standard Time,
mark@bradakis.com writes:

> Another tip that may be useful.  Go to your local hardware home improvement
> store. Head to the paint section, grab a can of spray paint, any color,
> any brand,
> whatever.  Take this can to the roofing section with the shingles,
> tarpaper and
> gutters.  Check out the various types of plastic gutters, see which ones fit
> the spray can.  Buy a length of the gutter in the appropriate color with the
> proper hangers to go with it.

Amici...

I like that, and using one for above the sink, as well.

Last night in the shop this thread was running through my mind, especially
the eventual shortage of space (regardless), and how 'stuff multiplies' in
direct proportion to the space available.  One shelf particularly loaded was my
'racing trophy' shelf.  NO...not the tin cup type.  I don't have many of those.

But rather, after thirty years of racing, the broken clutch plates, trashed
gears, broken rotors, frozen throw out bearings, broken suspension parts, and
on
and on.  Each one with a special memory.  A couple of them ought to be
wrapped in soiled nomex.  They could have been.  That shelf is nearly full.

Bill (Damdinger)