fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:54:19 -0700
Yeah, but they're old.

Don't get me wrong. I like 240Z's, and I remember firsthand when every
hairdresser and "executive assistant" had one. I'm amazed Dave Talbot
hasn't chimed in here with some kind of a roar since he raced the
things back when he had hair.  I've got an old Maserati Mistral, and
everyone thinks it's a 240Z. They are so very wrong. You can actually
go somewhere and return if you have a 240Z. You can't do that with a
Mistral.

On Jun 2, 2008, at 8:47 PM, GRMTim@aol.com wrote:

> Hey, be careful here, while I race a TR3 and drive a Spitfire on the
> street, I also have a nice early 240Z. I get a lot of looks with
> that car and very often someone stops me and tells me the story
> about how their, brother, mom, cousin etc. had one and how much they
> remember the beautiful lines of that car and how well it drove.
>
> Tim Suddard
> Publisher; Classic Motorsports
> and Grassroots Motorsports magazines
> www.classicmotorsports.net
> www.grassrootsmotorsports.com
> Phone: (386) 673-4148 Fax: (386) 673-6040
>

> In a message dated 6/2/08 2:48:09 AM, Billb@bnj.com writes:
>

>> I've made the same argument many times, that most of the people who
>> really care about a 1959 Testarossa are dead or at least not racing,
>> but I've discovered its not really true. There really was a golden
>> age
>> and nineteen year olds still appreciate it. Cars are immortal even if
>> drivers aren't. Drive a Jaguar XK120 or even a TR3 downtown and the
>> 20
>> year old  girls all give it a doubletake, even if the driver has
>> white
>> hair. Do the same thing in a Datsun 240Z and you're just an old guy
>> in
>> an old car.

> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler
> Florence" on AOL Food.
> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4?
> &NCID=aolfod00030000000002)

Bill Babcock