fot

Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?

To: jaxonracing@yahoo.com, spitlist@cox.net, rocky@spitfire4.com, Billb@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] alternatives to the SCCA?
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 08:42:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/2008 12:17:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaxonracing@yahoo.com writes:

JW  you said that the Triumph event at WGI will allow current spec cars?
Similar to the sprites at MO...
Is  it the size of this event that allows for this  opportunity?  Where will
those cars be grouped, and are you  expecting a good number of cars to
participate?

Size has nothing to do with it, so to speak.

When we do marque features, they may be at any of our races. We like to put
on a show that the spectators can relate to. When we do an all-Triumph
special,  we like to show the whole array of Triumph racing history. That is
why the
modern spec cars work at an event like that. They certainly are part of the
marque's history.

We will slot the later spec cars into appropriate race groups where they  can
run competitively. I would expect 100 Triumphs. We had 90 Alfas and 150 MG's
a few years ago.

In case you care, we expect 40 Formula 5000's this year, many from New
Zeland and the UK.

Also, I picked up several references about folks wanting competitive  and
close racing. Y'all think Vintage Racin' is a bunch of car polishers  tiptoeing
around worrying about paint jobs still, I guess. You can race hard,  close and
fast, and still not bust your cars up. However, shit still  happens...eh Bill?
I guess you didn't lose any paint though!

Bring out a legal car and I'm sure we have guys with similar cars that will
hand you your ass. If Triumphs are your fancy, we have folks right on this
list  that will tell you how to prepare a good car...and then they will hand it
to you  on the track.

Just an observation and I hate to generalize, but many current spec drivers
seem to have a chip on their shoulder for some reason.

This is not a WAR as someone put it. It is just bench racin' and truth
tellin'. Too many people don't want to face truths head on.

Y'all come to the Glen and we'll have a great time.

Jack Woehrle

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.