fot

Re: [Fot] CRC and noise

To: fpspitfire@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] CRC and noise
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:18:59 -1000
Actually it's 105 by terms of the 2005 agreement unless there is a
variance, and you can still get them but they require a bit of paper
wading. CRC has had them--we have an excellent paper wader who can
help us if we choose, I don't know if we'd get one this year. When we
had one we never needed it, even with the Can Am cars. Each race
organization manages the limit differently, most warn at one level and
make you take action at another to ensure that 105 is never exceeded,
so for example, we might warn at 98 db and require action at 103. I
don't know exactly what SOVREN will choose to do but it will be
something like that.

Spark arrestors have certainly never been an issue at PIR. Its
PORTLAND. If we had a brush fire it would be such a miracle that
people from everywhere would come to watch it.

Seriously folks, we're talking about Triumph motors. You might be able
to hit 95 db 50 feet from the track, but you'd have to really work at
it. 98 db is TEN TIMES LOUDER