fot

Re: [Fot] CRC and noise

To: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] CRC and noise
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:39:34 -0400
When I attended the TR races at Cadwell Park in England in 1998, many of the
TR guys had failed the sound level test at 95 dBA and were busy with
tin-snips and cutters under the rear end of their TRs trying to roll up
expanded mesh steel they had stolen from someones B-B-Q grill.  They were
stuffing this up the tail-pipe to pass the test.  The test was done during
tech inspection held in a drive-through type garage made of concrete block
with a concrete floor and the sound-level meter was between the car and the
side wall about six feet away.  In this congested building, I felt it was a
tough test to meet, but by race time, all the TRs were out on the track.