fot

Re: [Fot] TR CHASSIS FATIGUE - A CAUTIONARY TALE

Subject: Re: [Fot] TR CHASSIS FATIGUE - A CAUTIONARY TALE
From: gasket.works@gte.net
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:45:54 +0000
Cc: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Several years ago... When it came time to rebuild my car.  I picked it up with
a fork lift and power sprayed the bottom. Exposing cracks in the chassis frame.
 It was "DNR" I.e. Do Not Race ever.   I dissasembled with plasma cutter, oxy
acetaline, etc. @ the same time ordering a new chassis from RATCO.  The chassis
arrived.  It was not perfect (very early product) but after some minor mods
that Chuck Gee helped with  we were in "buisiness".  The only thing holding my
car together w original chassis was the vintage 1967 roll bar .  Btw the .120"
wall thickness and 1.75 OD. Was Heavy and  was used to stiffen the chassis.
The RATCO did not require it.  It's not cheap but an amazing. R.O.I. (Return on
investment...).
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile