fot

Re: [Fot] TR CHASSIS FATIGUE - A CAUTIONARY TALE

To: "<yellow04@tr4racer.com>" <yellow04@tr4racer.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR CHASSIS FATIGUE - A CAUTIONARY TALE
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 09:36:15 -0800
Cc: "<fot@autox.team.net>" <fot@autox.team.net>
I recall in the late 80's a friend of mine had a problem with his street TR6
and I offered to slide under the car and see if I could figure out what was
wrong...

It was dark under there, but with a small dim work light, I quickly figured
out that one of the long studs that the differential hangs from had snapped
loose from the frame...

...but the horror came as I panned the little light around and looked at his
frame...

It was much like a submersible cam panning by an old Civil War Iron clad...
peering through the big gaping holes in the wreck, your imagination takes over
and you wonder if you're going to see the skeletons of the sailors that went
down with the ship...

I wasn't quite sure why his car hadn't simply collapsed already....

This was in California, but he had shipped his car from New Jersey....

--Justin

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jmwagner@greenheart.com