fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph 4 speed O/D's and Layshaft bearing failures.

To: jwheeler1947@yahoo.com, brakey6666@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph 4 speed O/D's and Layshaft bearing failures.
From: fubog1 via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 14:07:17 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: fot@autox.team.net

------=_Part_2835651_2015045033.1565532437130

 Jack the late laygears use a pressed-in "shell" bearing.They can be fitted=
 to the early circlip gears and aren't an issue but the pressed-only have a=
 tendency to walk out and lathe (used as a verb) into the thrust washer so =
it can't be removed, so nor can the gear.
The wear issue is exacerbated by all of the metal crumbs generated above th=
e area by 1st/reverse gear graunching.
Glen
=20
=20