RE: GEEZ!, Equal cars and Drivers

To: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>, "'Byron Short'" <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Subject: RE: GEEZ!, Equal cars and Drivers
From: Engstrom <engstrom@onramp.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 23:16:37 -0500
Byron wrote:

> Eliminating the Sustain entirely, by selecting "100% Levels
> are based on Absolute Peaks" (or by setting the Sustain
> Duration to 0.1 second) gives even more detail.

Byron,

I was under the impression that selecting "100% Levels
are based on Absolute Peaks" would cause too many
problems.  I'm guessing that most of us don't have glass
smooth lots to run on.  Rough/undulating surfaces can
cause peaks that you don't want to use to compare the
rest of your run to.  For example, a bump can load up
the suspension and cause an unusually high peak G
reading, right?

In practice have you found the "100% Levels are based
on Absolute Peaks" to not cause much of a problem due
to rough or hilly surfaces?

John Engstrom

p.s.  Just got back from an event today where I did really
well - but I forgot to hookup my Geez Cube.  Now I wish
I had the data to see what I did right today.  Don't make
the same mistake I did - friends don't let friends forget
to use Geez.