Re: How much adjustment is normal?

To: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>, bshort@AFSinc.com
Subject: Re: How much adjustment is normal?
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 07:08:03 -0400
Hi Dick,

At 06:33 PM 5/8/00 -0400, Dick Rasmussen wrote:
>At most of the Virginia Motorsports Park events an end speed of 50 mph
>would be high!, especially yesterday's course.

Exactly - I know that I wasn't going anywhere near that fast at the
end, so I knew right off that those numbers were bogus.  I was seeing
end speeds of 51 mph to as high as 90-something!

>What I try to do is use the
>recording tach, etc to pick a reasonable end speed just after the timing
>line and then trim the run at the top of the last accel peak. Since I have
>a recording tach, I'll also check any places where I hit the rev limiter
>and figure the mph from that and see how they correlate.

That's a neat trick - now I wish that I'd sprung for the recording
tach; mine just has a tattle tale for highest rpm (which is usually
right near the rev limiter...).

Thanks,

John Lye
rjl6n@Virginia.edu