Re: G-cube "dropping ready" in staging.

To: Arthur Emerson <vreihen@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: G-cube "dropping ready" in staging.
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:47:39 -0700
Arthur Emerson writes...

> If you want to avoid loads of frustration, spend the $159
> or whatever a cheap Palm goes for these days.....

Heck yeah, the Palms are a great value, and don't have the
timing issues that can occur with the laptops.  However, a
little testing will generally make laptops work just fine.
I can use either my old 486/50 with Windows 3.1 or my
Pentium 266 with W95 just fine.  But in both cases I found
it required setting the screen saver off, and disabling some
of the power management.  Be aware that a lot of laptops
disable power to the serial port after a few minutes with no
keyboard or mouse activity as part of their power
management.  This will certainly kill the connection.

--Byron