Re: Healey Values

To: "John May" <jdmay@attglobal.net>, <scotyp@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Values
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 01:30:40 -0500
John,
During the period you describe, I didn't so much run into wealthy neophytes
trying to buy cars for themselves, as much as constantly running into
"dealers" who posed as private buyers, who were primarily buying the cars for
resale in Europe and Japan. They were practically a plague on the landscape.
The names and characteristics of these types, who generally were offering more
than US market value, were circulated furiously at shows, throughout the
clubs, and over the fledgling web lists. There was a very real distain among
owners for these frauds who were "exporting "our" LBCs".
At the time, their ads, offering to buy the cars "at top dollar" were every
where in publications like Hemmings etc.
David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA