Barret-Jackson Thread

To: healeys@autox.team.net (healey list)
Subject: Barret-Jackson Thread
From: scotyp@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:20:44 +0000
Hi Gang,

I just got back from the auction in Scottsdale and enjoyed reading all the
posts that this thing has generated. I would just like to throw in my .02  for
what it is worth...

First,I would like to say that it was a great time and if you have not ever
been to it please go and experience all it has to offer. I had fun talking with
a bunch of great Healey people including Reid and a few folks from the Cascade
Healey club in Washington.

I think you can analyize the value numbers any way you like but in the end it
is an AUCTION which really means,in this case, a handfull of people that really
desire ONE car! As a Healey owner, if that drives prices into the stratosphere
then I cannot say I mind too much(save the price of replacement parts)! Is this
an indication of real value? I say no, but does indicate an obvious trend that
our cars are increasing in value.

I had the chance to see Tanner's car up close and also a beautiful Healey Blue
BJ8 restored by the Healey Den in Canada that fetched 50K (this owner I
called). He was truly upset and bought his car back after the auction because
of the price Tanner's car received 12 hours earlier!  I did NOT see a 40K
difference in these two cars!

What I saw most of were people enjoying the cars, automobilia, food and
fanfare! After seeing it on Speed, it was truly thrilling to be up on the stage
as a BJ8 was being auctioned off. Please go and experience this!!

Our beautiful cars are a great hobby so let's just let the rich guys duke it
out while we enjoy our Healeys(and the side hobby of tracking their values)!!

Scot
'66 BJ8
Seattle,WA.