RE: Barret-Jackson Thread

To: "Jerry Goodman" <Jerry.Goodman@comcast.net>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Barret-Jackson Thread
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:22:51 -0500
So - our Healey's have:

- intrinsic value:  the actual value of the materials that make up the car:
steel, rubber, leather, etc.
- emotional value:  this is difficult to quantify, and varies greatly.
Emotional value is a subject that gets great attention on the list - and with
good reason.  Almost as much attention as ..... women :)))
- market value:  the value that a car is worth on the 'open' market.  This also
varies greatly, can be quantified, but not to everyone's satisfaction, and gets
a fair share of attention on the list - especially during, and just after, the
Barret-Jackson auctions, especially the Scottsdale auction for some reason.
Maybe because a lot of us are going stir crazy over the winter!!!

Me - I'm a Buddhist, so I have no emotional or material interest in the car.  I
only see the intrinsic value - it's Buddhist nature if you will :)))))
Joking!!!

Dave M.