Re: Barret-Jackson Thread

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>, <scotyp@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: Barret-Jackson Thread
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 13:30:54 -0500
I really do identify with those that express the conviction that "I bought the
car to enjoy and drive" and I also am one of those who have no plans to sell
the car in my lifetime. -If I can help it.
But what I do not understand is the undercurrent that seems to say that having
no interest in what is happening with the car's value ...is some sort of badge
of honor. It isn't a zero sum game: Enjoy it, drive it OR hoard it safely away
and obsess over it's value.  I don't see why one can't get entertainment out
of both driving the car and monitoring it's value on occasion.
For many of us, these cars represent a sizeable amount of our disposable
income. -And I certainly do enjoy any reports that indicate that the car's
value may yet approach what I have spent on it! Frankly, I would not want to
focus solely on this aspect, and would also enjoy word of a great driving
road, tuning tips, etc just as much. I'll choose answer  D.)  All of the
above.

For those of us (myself included) who have the conviction never to sell the
car, it is good to remember that fortunes change, both our own and those of
our heirs. God forbid that it is needed, but should circumstances require,
assets are good to have, and appreciation is not a BAD thing.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA