Rear shock mount question

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rear shock mount question
From: HealeyBN7@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:50:27 EST
I recently noticed that the rear shock mounts on my BN7 have the shock
mounting holes worn oval.  I remember reading that the holes in the  shocks
might
do this, but don't recall any discussion about the  mounts.
I this a problem that requires fixing?  Will the oval holes let the  shocks
potentially move up and down under load?  Or, can I clamp the shocks  well
enough with thru bolts and mega torque?
Or, is there a good fix?  Perhaps a plate with the correct diameter  holes,
that would be sandwiched and welded behind the current mount?  Can  these be
purchased?  I don't recall seeing them anywhere.   Thanks!

Dave
61 BN7