RE: Rear shock mount question

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Rear shock mount question
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 10:12:41 +1100
 Greetings

Eons ago before the days of Kilmartins and other readily available
spares and restorers for Austin-Healeys. (Sitting before the open fire
explaining to my grandchildren how Austin-Healey ownership was like in
the dark ages) I had a BN1 with chronic loose rear shock absorbers. At
running over the slightest matchstick there was a large metallic bang
from the rear.

I tried mega force by taking a proton pill but it wouldn't work as the
noise was still there. I resolved the problem by welding high tensile
steel round flat washers to the inside of the shock absorber plate. With
new locking nuts and bolts the problem was gone.

Perhaps tomorrow night children we will have another story of the bad
old days of Austin-Healey ownership.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia