Re: Rear shock mount question

To: <HealeyBN7@aol.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Rear shock mount question
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:55:24 -0500
Dave,

I agree with one other lister that replacement of the mounts is the best
fix.  However, if it happened to me I believe I would undertake the
following.

Drill out the holes to a standard size, 1/2 inch or so.  Then get those
inserts which you put in circular saw blades that made them adapt from a
larger to a smaller size hole.  Be sure they are not thicker than the mount!
Pick a reducer (or maybe even a flat washer) which reduces the diameter to
the 3/8 for the bolts.  Voila!  Done!

Just an idea
Keith Pennell