Covering a Dash and Trim Chome Question

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Covering a Dash and Trim Chome Question
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 10:27:36 -0500
Thanks for everyones help. JoAnn's Fabric carries over 10 different types of
black vinyl, and I got a very close match for $5.99 a yard. I felt like my
wife must feel when I drag her to a auto parts place, but they were helpful.
 This afternoon, I am going to cover the dash. Any suggestions for keeping
wrinkles off while following the contours. Also, I noticed that the trim
ring around the surround has become pitted (rather quickly), I had thought
that they were stainless. What is the best stuff to protect chrome from
pitting?
 Thanks
Patton