Re: Tires

To: <RAHosmer@aol.com>, <whammie@iopener.net>, <healey.nut@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:32:14 -0500
I have driven old sports cars on orginal style bias plies, radials of
approximately orginal size, and lower profile fatter radials.

For me the best compromise is the miiddle ground, the appropropriately sized
radials, steering stays light, but the car is still chucckable.

As far as safety, you can certainly adjust driving habits to bias ply or
whatever your tires limits are, but...in the old day everybody was on bias
plies or bias ply recaps even.

These days if you are tooling along in your healey and some bozo cuts you
off then realizes traffic isn't moving any faster in your lane, or traffic
in your lane abrubtly stops, the "bozo" will probably have more stopping
power than you and you can figure out the rest of the story.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1