Re: Tires

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:02:45 -0700
Dick / Jerry:

That's a relief, you're both oldern' me - alright, only just!  Just goes to
show that we're all getting to crusty 'Old F***s' - I don't know about you
guys, but I'm finding that both of my Healey's door openings seem to shrink
a little each year.

I have to agree with Jerry - old tech (or old newer tech) tires are just not
smart to use on Healeys that get driven alot, or for that matter, any other
car these days - too many nasty stories.  I have a buddy here in B.C. that
had a Michelin 175 15 violently disintegrate at speed on a freeway last
year - he's lucky he didn't destroy himself and his BJ8.  His tires were
about 8 years old - caused the rest of us here to take a long hard look at
things - one of my front tires was ready to let go in a nasty way!  I'm
replacing my Michelin's with new rubber (Vredesteins) - both cars were
getting really squirelly, especially in the wet.

I would caution everyone to make sure that they are on safe tires.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8