Re: Tires

To: whammie@iopener.net, RAHosmer@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: RAHosmer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 17:22:09 EDT
Jerry,

Yer oldern me! - I was only 13 in 1950! Still have all 32 of my own teeth,
too! Just a "figure of speech", as it were.  :-)

I presently have 175R15 Michelins on my car and they are fine. I could not
find a 5.90-15 tire two years ago, when I put the AH back on the road. Maybe it
is good thing.

I was only trying to make the points that (a) the older tires worked fine for
many years, and, under modest use, should still do so, and (b) that perhaps
to push an old car maybe past where it should be pushed, just because the tires
stick, might not be a good idea.

But, so far, you seem to be winning the informal reader's poll.   :-)

Dick