Re: Several assembly questions

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Several assembly questions
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 18:17:44 -0400
I think the three holes at the edge of the cowl are the top attaching points
for the scuttle seal. A rubber seal held on by split rivets, and a royal pain
to install. If that is what you are referring to, there are no corresponding
holes in the dash pad. There would be further holes out along the top of the
door crease and down the inside top of the fender.

Hate to say it, but you could make the little folded "brads", out of the metal
from a light tin can, or soda can.... using shears and needle nose pliers, if
you can't find any.  I got some, loose out of the bottom of a box at a flea
market, for mine. (the tabs tend to break)

If the gauge faces are dirty, I'd have them professionally looked at. The
finish, characters and paint are easily wiped away. -Don't ask.....but my new
one is beautiful....

I used electrical cleaner sprat and small brass brushes to clean small
electrical parts. Those parts that needed to be re-plated, but could not be
separated from the assy's, got metallic paint with a small brush.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA