Re: Several assembly questions

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Several assembly questions
From: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:20:56 -0400
Patton, I had some extra holes when I replaced my dash top.  The spacing was
the same as the turnbuckle screw locations, so my assumption was that the
dash top had been removed and reinstalled in the past.  As a matter of fact,
when I reinstalled mine, I went ahead and drilled two more holes, since
relocating the existing ones would've been almost impossible.

As far as the gauge trim surround, I had the same problem.  I used some
small flat head screws, essentially machine screws meant to go into a
countersunk hole & end up with a flush surface.  The head of the screw
slides into the trim, with the threads sticking out the back.  Position the
screws so that their threaded ends will go right into the holes in the dash,
& then hold the whole works to the dash by installing nuts onto the screws
behind the dash.  I had to grind flat spots into the screw heads to get some
of them to slide into the trim, but it worked great, and it's definitely not
going anywhere.