Re: Several assembly questions

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Several assembly questions
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 22:10:28 -0400

The Burgess filters on the early Longbridge engines apparently are painted a
hammered green somewhat like the shade of Healey engine green. Exhaust
manifolds are engine colour though much of it will burn off. I paint hi temp
exhaust paint on the clean manifolds first, then paint with engine colour
enamel. This tends to stay on much better.

>  My car came with an uninstalled interior panel kit, probably from
>  Vicky Brit.  Since the originals were long gone when I got the car, I
>  need to figure out how everything fits.
>
>  I have to install the dash pad and newly covered dash (thanks guys).
>  1st, am I right that the windshield posts have to be removed to
>  install the dash top pad?  What is the recommended install order for
>  the dash/windshield area?

Remove windscreen assembly so you can get a screwdriver in to the trim
screws holding the forward corners of the dash pad. Install the vent strips
onto the dash pad and anchor with the push-on clips.
Then you can also install new windscreen post pads and screws.

>  2nd, the underneath wood for the dash pad has holes predrilled for the
>  defroster vents, mirror posts, and the center tenax snap.  It does not
>  have holes to match the five holes on the both outside edges of the
>  cowl.  I know that the two larger holes are for the tonneau buckle.
>  What are the other three tiny (1/8 or smaller) holes for?  How do I
>  best accurately drill these holes in the dash top pad?

David Jones wrote this response to Patton's questions: <snip>

>I think the three holes at the edge of the cowl are the top attaching
>points
> for the scuttle seal. A rubber seal held on by split rivets, and a royal
> pain
> to install. If that is what you are referring to, there are no
> corresponding
> holes in the dash pad. There would be further holes out along the top of
> the
> door crease and down the inside top of the fender.

My addition: see att'd photos re this scuttle seal application. (I know the
list won't receive the pics.)

>  Thanks in advance, its fun to be making progress.
>
>  Patton

P1010023.JPG]

P1010024.JPG]