Re: Several assembly questions

To: davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Several assembly questions
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 11:16:46 -0500
On Apr 10, 2005 5:17 PM, davidwjones <davidwjones@cox.net> wrote:
> I think the three holes at the edge of the cowl are the top attaching points
> for the scuttle seal.

These are on top of the cowl, not the sides, so they would be
underneath the dashpad.  I forgot to order and inclued the scuttle
seals in this discussion, so I emailed Bill Bolton last night,
hopefully he has them.

> Hate to say it, but you could make the little folded "brads", out of the
> metal from a light tin can, or soda can....

I might try a cotter pin through a small washer. I think I can make
that work if I flatten the eyelet end of the cotter.

> If the gauge faces are dirty, I'd have them professionally looked at.

I might leave them as is then as they are not bad and gauge rebuilds
are not in the current budget.

> I used electrical cleaner sprat and small brass brushes to clean small
> electrical parts.

I swear I saw someone was cleaning these up with walnut shells or
something like that, but can't remember the applications.  I will
follow your clean up tips.

Thanks
Patton
--