Re: SHE"S GOT LEGS>>>

To: RAHosmer@aol.com, davidwjones@cox.net, cd3000@bigpond.net.au,
Subject: Re: SHE"S GOT LEGS>>>
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:34:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/2005 3:06:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RAHosmer@aol.com writes:
If it were not for highway cruising (which I personally do not do a
lot of, right now) I'm not sure the 3.9 (which I have) or even the 4.1 would
be
so bad - I'm a LOT more interested in the fun of "the push in the back" than
seeing how bloody fast I can go in a 45 year old car.
I've done a fair amount of high-speed cruising in my car both before and
after installing the 3.5 set.  To me, at 70 mph it makes all the difference in
the
world to be running at 3000 versus 3500 rpm's, which I would describe as
"pushing uphill".  It is simply easier and less jarring to drive at lower revs
and
there is also a lot more passing ability available when you are not as close
to redline.  OTOH I have never felt that the longer gearing took away from
low-end performance as sufficient torque is always available.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans