Re: SHE"S GOT LEGS>>>

To: James Lea <clocks@midcoast.com>, Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Subject: Re: SHE"S GOT LEGS>>>
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:56:10 -0700
My results are consistent with yours. Assuming some variance in accuracy and
considering the difficulty of reading the true difference between 2800 and
3000 rpm on the OEM tach while driving and avoiding traffic. I was showing
60 MPH at an estimated 3000 RPM with a speedo calibrated for the 4.10
gearset. The 3.54 gears should give a speed increase of approximately 16%. I
therefore estimated my true speed as 69.6 (60X1.16)MPH.

Further discrepancies could be explained by tire diameters.

I haven't had a chance to look too closely at Dave's numbers but they seem
pretty high to me. Maybe I need education.

Bill Lawrence