Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help.... (Long)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Subject: Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help.... (Long)
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:33:32 -0700
John,  I think the Committee should take you up on your offer.  A fee could
be charged for access to the Guidlines and another smaller fee could be
charged for updates.  I personally bought the 2004 Guidlines to restore my
BJ7.  I'm about 2/3 complete now but don't feel like paying again to see the
2005 version.  The criminal in me says find someone with the latest version
to get updated.  If this were online and yearly updates or updated access
were available, I wouldn't hesitate to pay for the priviledge.  I don't
think anyone will be able to execute a concours restoration in one year.  I
addition, I think a judging fee would be entirely appropriate.  If the
burden of expenses can be lifted from the Committee it will benefit process
and keep volunteers involved.
Richard Bittmann BJ7 Tacoma