Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help.... (Long)

To: jdmay@attglobal.net, jnew@hazelden.ca
Subject: Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help.... (Long)
From: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 23:35:58 EDT
I would add my support also to the efforts of the Concours Committee.  I
think this has been a good and productive thread with lots of dialogue shared.
have to admit to being on the tech side of things as well so however it would
be done I like the idea of at least being able to get the information in a CD
or Web format.  One comment that was made I really liked was to have the
various models information organized into sections so that if you were doing a
BN2
you could concentrate your research in that area rather than trying to find
bits and pieces that apply throughout the entire guidelines.  The other thing I
really liked was the suggestion to have those of us who have already purchased
the guidelines be able to purchase just the updated or revised pieces of the
guidelines thereby keeping ourselves current.

The one negative I would take issue with is the topic line of this thread.
In my mind there is NO QUESTION that the Concours Committee wants to help.
They have proven that over and over so could we not have this be something more
positive like "Open Dialogue for Concours Guideline Improvements" or something
of that nature?  I realize there are those that take issue with the Committee
for various reasons BUT if they really want to make improvements then like all
things THEY should get personally involved and donate THEIR time and means.
As for me I can personally say that going through the process of having one of
my cars judged was as nerve racking as just about anything I have done but
that in no means diminishes my appreciate and admiration for the committee and
their efforts.

Lastly I see most of the comments revolve around the AHCA.  As an independent
committee that serves the Austin-Healey Marque there is also the AHCUSA and
AHSTC that might have positive suggestions.

Cheers,

Gary Fuqua
Branson, MO
Publicity Officer for AHCUSA AND avid supporter of the Marque!!!