Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help.... (Long)

To: "John P. New" <jnew@hazelden.ca>
Subject: Re: If the Concours Committee Really Wanted To Help.... (Long)
From: John May <jdmay@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 22:14:18 -0400
First I want to echo all the positive things that have been said about
the Concours Committee. The people who serve in this capacity are
incredibly knowledgable and equally committed to preservation of the
marque.  I have judged concours a few times and as a result I have even
greater respect for the hard work they put into this. I have read the
dialog on the question of putting the guidelines online, and see the
points on all sides.  As someone who tends to embrace technology, I
naturally tend toward making this move, but I respect the Concours
Committee's decision if they don't think it is right at this time.  They
are an independent committee and this is their decision to make.

IF the decision is to put the guidelines on a web site, in the form of a
PDF, AHCA can provide this capability as part of its web site.   Issues
like updates, password protection, etc can be worked out with the
Concours Committee.  The Committee would do all the file maintenance and
updates, as they do now, and would provide the documents for AHCA to
post on a Concours page within our web site  ( www.healeyclub.org ).
This would in no way impact the independence of the Concours Committee,
and if the Concours Committee wanted to make the same arrangement with
any other club or organization, they would be free to do so.  I will be
happy to meet with committee members about this at Conclave if it is an
appealing option.

There has been discussion in the past of raising the Concours judging
fee to cover more of the expenses involved.  Currently events like
Conclave often incur several expenses in order to provide judging as
part of the event.  These can vary from very minor to quite significant,
depending on the venue.  Rasing the judging fee to conver these as well
as other committee expenses is an option, but one that has to involve
the Concours Committee.

John May
President, AHCA