Re: Healey knowledge base

To: Austin Healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey knowledge base
From: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 15:45:19 -0600
Hello Allen

Since 1999 I have been collecting Healey information off this list,
sorting it to topic, and saving to same. I used 60 some odd categories
from  air cleaners to  wheels, etc.   Where questions raised on the
list which receive no replies I have often written  the individual posing
the question to see whether or not he was received an answer and asking
him/her to share.  I thus have a large data base which is backed up into
CD.  The topics I have chosen reflect my interests, thus are spotty for
BN1/2's.   I have also supplemented this with correspondence to others,
those e-mails stored with the above, and for hard copy material to files
related to topics I am interested in.

I think this is an individual pursuit, as the potential task of devising an
inventory of facts for all would have the eternal problem of not satisfying
all.  And it in part renders useless Lists like this one and the British Car
Forum - as these "forums" provide more than  a source of knowledge.

In addition there are a modest number of us who have created web sites
some more technical than others which can further help provide answers
to questions.  Again something all inclusive although a great idea has too
many problems to resolve let alone find some willing individual to
volunteer his time.

In the end each to his own I guess.

Kind regards
Ed
AHCUSA Historian
www.vintage-sportscar-touring.ca
'65 BJ8                    '89 Morgan 4/4
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan