Re: Healey knowledge base

To: "M.E. & E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>,
Subject: Re: Healey knowledge base
From: "David Ward" <david@bighealey.ltd.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 22:51:38 -0000
Hello Listers,
I have of late read with interest these questions that have been posted to
the group, and I can 100% give full support to this idea.
I have noticed also that the same damm silly questions keep repeating
themselves, instead of people simply making a note of all the wealth of hard
won information that fellow members to this group contribute.
It is very apparent to everyone that the "knowledge" is and will continue to
dry up with each passing year as more of us just simply fade away, this is
to be very true in my particular case in the very near future.
So heed exactly what I am saying while you still have a knowledge base to
draw from, compile some sort of lists of interchangability of parts, what
will fit where ,and where it can be obtained from ,also the best competitive
buying in price. Unfortunately I have no doubt that it will ever happen
within the Austin Healey movement ,but here in the UK the MG club have their
own spares supply and this is one of the main source of income for that
club, it also has several fully paid staff to undertake the many tasks
required by their members.
I am willing to assist in any way that I am able to but plain and simply
don't sit on this for too long.
Regards.
David.
www.bighealey.ltd.uk