Re: A.H. EFI conversion.

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A.H. EFI conversion.
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:12:01 -0500
William Moyer wrote:

>I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade and you can throw a double nitrous
>bottle in there along with the EFI for all of me but I'm trying to understand
>why you'd go to all this trouble.   Maybe the project is an exciting challenge
>or you're racing and need to tweak it for all the horses you can, but I can
>adjust my carbs in a half hour and I haven't had to do it for 10 years.
>Someone educate me about the advantages of the conversion relative to the
>cost.  Plus we keep seeing that you've got to add this and change that and it
>seems like you're also going to add weight to the car.

I don't think it's mainly about horses.  While I realize that the
nostalgic aroma of unburned gas behind a warming-up Healy is something
some folks won't want to give up, the main reason for an FI retrofit
would be efficiency and engine longevity, I would think.

I'd bet you'd get a 20% increase in fuel efficiency, an even greater
decrease in emissions, and some small degree of performance improvement,
to boot.  Well worth it to me if it doesn't prevent restoring the car to
original condition.
--
John Miller
The church is near but the road is icy; the bar is far away but I will