Re: A.H. EFI conversion.

To: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>, List Healey
Subject: Re: A.H. EFI conversion.
From: Steve Thomton <scthomton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 18:35:12 -0800 (PST)
Wow I'm surprised how many negative vibes on this topic....I didn't see that
coming.... goodness folks, it's a hobby after all.  I've owned 3 Healey's with
no....na da...zero mods......this time I want a different perspective.  I love
the mechanicals on the Healey, but as is generally acknowledged....Lucas and
SU's leave some room for improvement.  As one gentelman from England wrote me
regarding injection......this is something that Donald Healey would have done
in a heartbeat, he was always wanting to try new things.  And hey, I love
completely stock ones, if that's your bag....GREAT.....but, if you like to make
improvements for driveability, I'm with you.  We all love them for any number
of reasons......whatever trips your trigger is fine with me.  We are still a
small group (Austin Healey lovers), so let's try to get along.  I have one car
friend that cann't understand my "fetish for Austin Healeys" .... his words.
So even in the car guy world we are slightly different
 breed.....so let's stick together.

  Best to all.....Cheers
  Steve

Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com> wrote:
  At last someone with some sense. I was going to suggest taking a
fiberglass Healey
and putting it on a Miata frame!! We are going back to the same old
debate about the
Doug
'56 BN2 (unmodified)

> Is this all starting to sound very "Toyota Camry" to anybody else?
> I like the cold staring, fiddling with the carbs - yes, all 3 of
> them, and
> feeling like I can get "just a little bit more" by fiddling with the
> SU's.
> -> David W. Jones
> '62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
> Cumberland, RI USA