Re: A.H. EFI conversion.

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A.H. EFI conversion.
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:44:21 -0500
Is this all starting to sound very "Toyota Camry" to anybody else?
I like the cold staring, fiddling with the carbs - yes, all 3 of them, and
feeling like I can get "just a little bit more" by fiddling with the SU's.
-And if I ever drive up Mt. Washington, -I suspect I'll enjoy the car becoming
winded, adjusting for it, myself, and persevering. Starting out on a cold
morning, I actually like the stumbling along a bit, until the engine is fully
warm, then the subliminal realization that the engine is now warmed up and
optimal, and the subtle realization that "Now, we're cookin!".
I like the "hissing" of the carbs and the rumble of the dirty exhaust.
PS, --I even like the "stink" when backing out of the garage.
I must be a throwback.
I have a car with EFI, Cat converter, ABS, PB, PS, PW, Trac Ctrl...... -I
don't enjoy it nearly as much, nor do I know how to fix ANY of that stuff, if
it breaks. --Unlike the 1962 era technology on the BT7.
-What is wrong with me?

Not a criticism of those who want to minimize the fuss, or like the challenge
of doing their own modifications. -Just recognition of the joys that us
troglodytes get out of the equipment the cars came with.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA