Re: BN2 Wheel Cylinders

To: Alan Seigrist Blue 100 <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: BN2 Wheel Cylinders
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 19:08:39 -0700
Hi Jim,

As Alan said, I switched my BN2 front cylinders from 7/8" to 1". It gives
better front to
rear brake balance. The 1 inch front cylinders give a bit more braking power on
the front &
comparatively less on the back.

If the wheels are going to lock up, I prefer the front to lock first. Easier to
maintain
control. Never did figure out exactly why the factory changed the balance to
more rear biased.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2