Re: BN2 Wheel Cylinders

To: Len and/or Marge <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: BN2 Wheel Cylinders
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 13:30:59 -0700
Hi Len,

Of course brake balance is only really critical at the point nearing lockup. As
in
spirited driving or emergencies.

In my experience, if the rear locks first, the back end will almost certainly
move out of
line to a greater or hopefully lesser extent. Once the back loses traction,
it's not
likely to come into line by just releasing the brake.

On the other hand, if the front locks, you of course have no steering control -
But - as
soon as the brakes are released steering control is recovered.

The key is RECOVERY of steering control as soon as the brakes are released.
There is still
time to reapply braking if you are quick.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2