Re: [Healeys] spark plugs

To: "'Ed's Shop'" <shop@justbrits.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] spark plugs
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:05:13 -0500
I'm with you on this one Ed.  I have had nothing but bad luck with Champion
plugs for years.  They didn't work well in my '70 Honda 100, '64 Chrysler,
'58 Triumph, '84 Porsche, '76 El Camino, '89 XJ6, '94 Miata or '00 Mustang
GT.  Champion plugs suck.  I have no idea why I continued to try them since
an $0.89 Autolite from Kmart worked better.  I always ended up with plugs
made for performance, NGK.

I have never had a fouled NGK plug in any car, and only one fouled NGK in my
dirtbike which is a 500cc two cycle that runs very high compression and lots
of fuel.  It should foul more often, but only ever once.

I have NGKs in the Healey and my Wife's gasser, and if possible will never
use anything else.  My driver is a diesel so I don't require spark.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8