Re: [Healeys] Do Moss ign points suck or what?

To: "Curt/Nancy Arndt" <cnaarndt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Do Moss ign points suck or what?
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 20:31:57 -0700
I understand all the words, but laced together the way that they are, they
make no sense whatsoever.  The only other time the words Lucas and quality
were used in the same sentence was when someone was comparing Lucas to
Magnetti Marelli.

While I agree that often electronics are sometimes (often?) used to
compensate for a distributor that needs help, you cannot escape the fact
that the day you install a set of point and set them to spec is the best
that car will run until you install a new set.  As soon as the distributor
shaft starts to turn, and electricity arcs across the points, wear starts
and it never stops.
With electronic units, the dwell never changes, the timing never goes out,
it is all good.
If you are that worried about the electronics buy one good set of points and
throw them into the trunk with a screwdriver and a match book (anybody know
what the match book is for?)
But the reality is if you don't need those spare points in the first month
or two of driving (infantcide) the chances are you will die before the
electronics in the distributor does.
$.02
Rick

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html