RE: rev limiter

To: "'James Nazarian'" <jhn3@uakron.edu>, "'v8'" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rev limiter
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:58:13 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Be sure you get what is called a "soft rev limiter" that drops random
cylinders" rather than something that just shuts the whole thing down
abruptly. This total shut down can be dangerous as your foot is in the
throttle & you are accelerating- it is like someone throwing out an anchor.

Rev limiters are built into some tachs & some electronic ignitions such as
MSD. I haven't seen the info on the new Pertronics, but I believe they have
a goods web site.

Jim Stuart