Re: testing my mettle, or: irksome rant

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Subject: Re: testing my mettle, or: irksome rant
From: wls@homarus.ccsu.ctstateu.edu (Bill Singleton)
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 15:13:14 -0400
> I think I've just got to realize that the commute isn't
>*real* driving; its just commuting.  Real driving occurs at different times
>and places.
>
>There is a nice cafe just a few blocks from my house.  Perhaps tonight me
>ane me beloved will motor on over...

Now you're getting there, Will.  I picked up my B yesterday after it spent
a week in the shop (nothing big, they just had no time to get to it).  I
thought, as I pulled up outside, "what a great-looking car!"  Despite
yesterday's cold and no top, driving it home was a treat.  Today, I came to
work on the surface streets, just to enjoy the drive.  (Of course, that
means the commute took 15 minutes instead of 10).

Ain't no RX-7 ever gonna be the classic the B is.  (Of course, I don't
think the B will ever be the classic the TD is, but I'm REALLY prejudiced
on that point).

It's going to be mid-80s and clear/partly cloudy this weekend.  I'm certain
we'll have an important engagement somewhere that is a nice, long drive
from the house.

  --Bill

Bill Singleton

'52 TD (soon to go under the knife)
'77 MGB (I needed an MG fix while waiting on the TD)