Re: MGB grease cap

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Subject: Re: MGB grease cap
From: MLishego@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 00:53:13 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-08-02 00:39:55 EDT, darby@tri-lakes.net writes:

> Has anyone run across this problem before? The manual succinctly
>  states,"...withdraw the grease retainer." Am I not holding my mouth right?
>  Any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated and attempted.

Yes, in my rebuild of the front end of my '74 MGB.  I had the kingpin off,
and managed to drift the thing out by punching a small screwdriver through
the cap and then prying the screwdriver upwards, using the lip of the hole
for leverage.  Mine was stuck due to sand and dirt, so you might want to try
drowning the whole thing in wd-40.  Good luck, mine held up the process for
three days until I could get it off!
~Mike Lishego